Welcome to Voice
Why all the legal stuff?
Voice is a platform where users can create, sell and collect artworks in the form of unique digital artifacts recorded as non-fungible tokens (“NFTs”) on the blockchain. We want to make sure the terms and conditions that detail how you can use Voice are clear and transparent. These terms are meant to protect you as a user, us as a company, and the safety and integrity of the Voice platform.
Things to keep in mind:
We’re here to help you understand our legal terms, so here’s a summary of some key points:
- Introduction: Voice is a platform where creators and collectors can create, sell, and collect digital content using NFTs.
- How to Use Voice: There are some limitations to who can join Voice, based on our guidelines and legal requirements. You may be able to use certain features of Voice only if you reside in certain regions of the world. You may also need to take steps to verify your identity in order to do certain things on Voice.
- Acceptable Use Code: There are some activities that aren’t allowed on Voice, like breaking the law, explained in our Acceptable Use Code. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate accounts immediately and without prior notice where necessary to keep our platform or community safe.
- Assumption of Risk: There are some risks to be aware of when you collect digital media, or use online platforms in general. Check that you’re comfortable with them before jumping in.
- Creators and Collectors: When you create an NFT on Voice, it should contain only content you have the right to use, and acknowledge all of the creators who contributed. Also, Voice may need to moderate your content to keep the platform safe.
- NFT Content License; Creators’ and Collectors’ Rights: When you collect or sell an NFT on the platform, this license, outlining the rights of each party involved, will apply to your use of the NFT.
- Intellectual Property: When you collect NFTs on Voice, what rights you’ll receive will vary based on the terms set by the creator, so be sure you read and understand them.
- Payments, Earnings & Fees: Read our Payment Terms to learn about payments, earnings, and fees on Voice. When you make any financial transactions on Voice, you may need to complete some additional steps or fulfill other requirements, including verifying who you are, paying transaction fees, and handling any taxes you may owe.
- Representations & Warranties: We empower creative expression by maintaining a respectful environment on Voice. Creations should follow our Content Guidelines and all applicable laws, and these legal terms include representations by you that, among other things, you will follow our Content Guidelines and applicable laws.
- & 11. Indemnification & Release: By using Voice, you agree that Voice and any of our affiliates won’t be responsible or liable for any harms or costs related to your experience or your actions.
- Arbitration; Governing Law: If any legal disputes arise between you and Voice, they will be subject to the laws of Delaware, USA, where Voice operates. Also, if you file a claim against Voice, you can only do so on an individual basis, and will need to resolve all disputes through arbitration, outside of court.
- Misc: A couple of other important things to know, including: the Terms of Service (including any policies or other terms linked from the Terms of Service) are the entire agreement that exists between you and Voice, and might change in the future as we iterate.